Working with BeGreen, Sustaining Dunbar offers free impartial energy advice to householders, either in the shop or as an energy audit in your home if you live in the Dunbar and East Linton ward. To find out if you live in ward 7 – Dunbar and East Linton, put in your postcode here or check on a lower resolution map.
One of our auditors Sean or Mark can visit your home at a time that suits you. The visit takes around 30 to 60 minutes depending on the size of the property, number of issues that arise or enthusiasm of the householder.
The auditor will chat to you about your home and
- look at how well your home is insulated; how you heat it and get hot water; check the energy efficiency of your appliances and discuss any issues that concern you e.g. if your home is draughty or hard to heat!
- check your energy bills and help you compares your home’s energy efficiency against similar properties in the district and calculate your carbon footprint.
- recommend energy efficiency measures that can help you keep your home warm and maybe save you money on your fuel bills.
- give you a host of energy saving tips on how you use your home, which can make a real difference to your bills.
- advise if you are eligible for any Government or BeGreen grants.
- lend you an energy monitor if you are concerned about your energy bills, so you can see how you use your electricity in your home .
- if you are interested, we can also assess the suitability of your home for installing micro-renewables – such as solar hot-water panels, solar electricity panels called photovoltaics, a heat pump or wood-pellet stove
We surveyed householders recently to establish what people thought of the service. See some of the comments below :
Very helpful. We received a £500 grant towards helping us upgrade our old sash and case windows.
Mr Black, Dunbar
A full local service with easy access. Staff were very helpful and efficient.
Mr McKane, Dunbar
Service, advice and approach was very helpful, professional and fast. Speed of response was remarkable and impressive. I phoned to ask for advice and received a visit that morning! THANK YOU
Mr Woodell, Dunbar
The service provided was excellent – the staff were so pleasant and helpful. I couldn’t suggest any improvement in the service – I received grant assistance to install thermal blinds to save heat escaping. Just wish to say a heartfelt thank you.
Grateful for somewhere to go to ask for advice , information and help.
Mr Fallon, Dunbar
If you would like advice on making your home more energy efficient please contact us to arrange an audit.